Allergy Friendly Rosh Hashanah
In Hebrew, Rosh Hashanah literally means, “Head of the Year,” and as its name indicates, it is the beginning of the Jewish year. In honor of my Jewish family and friends, I’m posting some great links to recipes that everyone can enjoy during this special holiday.
- Gluten Free Challah from Gluten Free in the Greens
- Gluten Free Honey Cake from Gluten Free Bay
- Gluten Free Challah (Pareve / Dairy-Free) from Gluten Free Bay
- Allergy Free Brisket Tsimmes from Cybele Pascal
- For apples and honey you can substitute agave nectar
- Pomegranate-Apricot Brown Rice by Seattle Times Food and Wine
There’s no reason we should miss out on these special holidays and traditions just because of a food allergy.
Shanah Tovah (“Good Year”) friends.
Until next time, Lisa